GROSS MISCONDUCT IN RWANDA
Gross misconduct refers to unacceptable or improper behavior of a very serious kind, especially by an employee or professional person.
It leads to termination of contract without notice by employer.
These examples include but limited to the following:
- Fighting at workplace;
- Taking alcoholic drinks at workplace;
- To be on duty under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Any form of discrimination at workplace
- Sexual harassment;
- Offering or receiving bribes or illicit benefit;
- Unlawfully obtaining or disclosing professional confidential information;
- Behavior that may endanger the health and safety of others at workplace;
- Based violence at workplace;
- illegal strike;
- Intentional destruction of work equipment.
Please also check: www.innocentlaw.co.rw